Today I ran across an innovative new website that is designed as an interactive "virtual classroom" for entrepreneurs. Startup School
allows people to create their own profiles then participate in webinars relevant to best practices in starting a successful business. Participants can request a class, join existing classes, or share their own knowledge by teaching a web-based session on a topic of their own choosing.
In many ways, this is in line with the goals of Tutor/Mentor Connection and the Tutor/Mentor Exchange--sharing best practices, collaborating, and offering resources to support everyone working in this field.
This got me to wondering...what would it take to launch a similar site for tutor/mentor programs?
- Design--people to design the site specifically for tutor/mentor program leaders
- Tech skills--people who can actually implement building the site
- Commitment--individuals who regularly contribute to the site through teaching classes
- Participants--from both tutor/mentor programs and other sectors to build profiles and take part in the classes
- Ongoing technical support and site maintenance
- Other--what am I forgetting??