Tutor/Mentor Connection

Connect knowledge, volunteers, youth and make a difference.

Tutor/Mentor Leadership and Networking Conferences have been held in Chicago since May 1994, hosted by the Tutor/Mentor Connection (T/MC), which was formed by a small group of volunteers in 1993.

In spring 2015 a group from Indiana University looked at attendance lists from all conferences, 1994-2014 and created this map, which can be seen in this blog article.

In January 2016 the same information was use to create this map of conference participation. 

Open the link and you can see that participants have come from all over the United States, but mostly from the Chicago area.  This space has been created to offer discussion about the conferences, and the maps of participation.  Join in.

Views: 141

Replies to This Discussion

Tutor/Mentor Connection began hosting networking conferences in May 1994 to bring leaders of Chicago and national tutoring, mentoring and learning programs and their supporters together for learning, relationship building and collaboration. The conferences were held at strategic times each year when the publicity generated could also influence the flow of operating dollars and talent to programs throughout the city.  These conferences were often held at Universities, with a goal of developing on-going partnerships with student groups, faculty and alumni.  In 2016 I created a presentation showing universities that have hosted conferences since 1994. See it here.

While I've not hosted a conference in Chicago since May 2015 I continue to seek partners in universities who will look through the history and archives of what I've done since 1994, and share these lessons with future leaders who focus on similar goals.  

RSS

© 2024   Created by Daniel Bassill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service