Tutor/Mentor Connection

Connect knowledge, volunteers, youth and make a difference.

Last November Valdis Krebs introduce the concept of Social Network Analysis at the fall tutor/mentor conference. In May Katie and I presented this is the PDF .

Since May Kalyani has done SNA maps and written blog articles showing participation in the 2008 and 2009 conferences.

The next conference is Nov. 19 at U.S. Cellular Field and Kalyani and I will host a workshop showing the work Kalyani has done, and introducing a survey that will enable us to show connections between participants who attend the conference.

I hope that some of you will contribute ideas for what questions the survey should include and attend the workshop if you are able. It will be held at 1:45 pm - 2:45 pm  .

Please contribute your ideas for this survey.

Views: 39

Replies to This Discussion

Attached is the ppt presentation that Kalyani and I will deliver at the Tutor/Mentor Conference on Friday. If you can only come in the afternoon to attend this and the later panels, please come. You will not be charged a fee if you come after lunch (although if you do come early we will have plenty of lunches since enrollment is not as high as we budgeted for).
Attachments:
Karina Walker of the T/MC has created an analysis report showing participation and feedback from the Nov. 2010 Tutor/Mentor Conference.
Kalyani has created a survey that can be sent to participants from the last conference. I've reviewed it and suggested some additional questions and changes in wording. Katie, Anne and/or Valdis can you look at this and offer your own suggestions for the survey? Please respond in the coming week if possible. We'll try to send the survey next week with whatever suggestions we receive.
Attachments:

We've not made much progress on our Social Network Analysis work since the November 2010 conference due to lack of volunteers/interns and money.  In the past few weeks I've been going through old files of the 34 conferences since 1994 and the 15 Aug/Sept. volunteer recruitment campaigns since 1994.  In each of these we've reached out to groups of tutor/mentor programs and related people and many have come together for collective efforts. What started with 70 people at the first conference has grown to more than 1000 organizations participating by 2010.

My goal is to find a way to map this.  I was sent a video today showing a technology that might be used to show the T/MC network, the different groupings, and the growth caused by the actions of the T/MC. Take a look.

Introducing Gephi 0.7 from gephi on Vimeo.

If we can find the volunteers/data scientists, tech support and donors to support T/MC we could be using something like this to demonstrate the power of individuals to build communities of purpose and people in cities all over the world might be inspired to duplicate what T/MC has done.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Daniel Bassill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service