Tutor/Mentor Connection

Connect knowledge, volunteers, youth and make a difference.

In 1973 when I came to Chicago to become an advertising writer with Mongtomery Ward, I was also recruited to be a volunteer tutor/mentor in a company sponsored program. In 1975 I became the volunteer leader of that program and every year since then I've spent time in August recruiting volunteers to be tutors/mentors for inner city kids.

I've learned much through my advertising career and my tutor/mentor leadership and I now share that through the Tutor/Mentor Connection at http://www.tutormentorconnection.org

Our goal is to help comprehensive volunteer based tutor/mentor programs grow by supporting the involvement of business volunteers in these programs. The T/MC web site shows how an entire city of programs can be supported by a small group of people. The concept can be duplicated in any city, if a small group of leaders emerges.

Maybe you or the students in your school could provide that leadership? If you're interested, introduce yourself, browse the T/MC web site, and let's get connected.

Views: 13

Attachments:

© 2024   Created by Daniel Bassill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service