Last week, I had a chance to meet with two people who was trying to consult the Tutor/Mentor web sites. They talked how they could change the web site so it could be more effective. The first thing to do was to analyze how well our web site is doing the job and find what changes we could make to improve it. I got interested into the subject and I thought I could help them do the job. I didn’t have any learning or experience for the subject, and they talked about holding a seminar related to the subject, so I asked them if I could attend to their seminar. Fortunately they had a seat where I could fit in, and today was the day.
Today’s seminar was the first seminar of the four series, and the whole series of seminar was about how to meet the objectives of your companies (or organizations) web site in a more effective manner. Today we especially talked about
1) Identifying specific goals for our website
2) Measuring the site’s effectiveness using Google Analytics
3) Choosing which data to be used, and analyzing the statistics from Google Analytics.
4) Creating an on-line marketing plan that could improve the site based on 3)
5) A case study applying the methods above
We do have a Google Analytic tracking code for all of our Tutor/Mentor sites, so I am thinking to analyze the data and see what could be improved.